If you’re an avid traveler, chances are good that your bucket list is an ever-changing thing. I get it, it’s hard to nail down places you want to go in an orderly fashion when there is a constant stream of new options coming at you at light speed. It doesn’t take more than a pretty photograph or a good write up to make me when to set oof to whatever destination is being advertised. I suppose that’s what they mean when they say wanderlust. There are some constants, but the destinations on the low end of my travel bucket list get swapped out daily. If I had to choose, absolutely had to, my current travel bucket list would include the following:
- Machu Picchu, Peru – Hopefully, I will be crossing this one off my list this year! I would love to spend a month or two exploring Lima, Cusco and hiking to Machu Picchu. Peru is such a beautiful country, and I can not wait to explore it.
- Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada – There are seriously no bad photos of this place. Every single one I see makes me want to jump in and climb those mountains. Banff National Park would be the perfect endpoint to a road trip across Canada.
- Paris, France – Paris is always the dream, isn’t it? Not only is it a gorgeous, historic and cultural destination, but I would love to just eat cheese and baguettes and drink wine for every meal, always. I’ve been day-dreaming of getting a one way ticket and wandering around Paris until I’m good and ready to come home.
- Halong Bay, Vietnam – Vietnam in general has fascinated me for a long time, and Halong Bay, specifically, is drawing me in. This beautiful paradise in the north of Vietnam seems like the perfect escape. Jungles, Caves, Cruises, Kayaking… I am in.
- Marrakech, Morocco – Ever since I read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho a few years ago, I have romanticized Morocco. It’s so colorful and different than any other place I’ve ever been. I want to try all of the cuisine, shop the markets and I’m determined to ride a camel. I need to go there actually, it’s a must.
- Copenhagen Denmark – Is there anything more charming than the architecture in Copenhagen? In fact, the whole city has me so enchanted, I feel like I should buy the plane ticket right now. The colorful buildings, the boats in the canal, the castles… sign me up!
- Acadia National Park, Maine –I am a little bit obsessed with Maine. It looks so beautiful and I love seafood and I LOVE Stephen King (most of his stories are set in Maine). Acadia National Park is gorgeous and I’d love to set myself up in a cabin by the sea there and write.
I’m sure they’ll be different tomorrow, or joined by more choices, but for now I will continue to dream about them. Stay tuned for more bucket list ideas in a new installment on rebeccawanderlusting for Wanderlust Wednesday.
What destination is on your bucket list? How often do the destinations change?