It’s official. The move is over, the wedding is over, we are unpacked and comfy in our new home, and I can finally get back to business. We love the new apartment and our new neighborhood! We moved from West Town up to Logan Square and I think it suits us. The 606 (Chicago’s answer to the High Line in New York) is a couple blocks South of us and we are so close to so many fantastic restaurants and bars. Plus, our apartment is full of sunshine and has so much more space than what we had before! Here’s a sneak peak:
Though I could write about the new place all day, that’s not what I’m here to talk about! I wrote one of these posts last year, detailing my goals for the year and where I’m at so far. Yesterday marked my half birthday, and I’m not nearly close to being halfway through this list. But, I’m confident this second half of the year is going to be much more productive. I’ve got big plans for the next six months, not limited to the following list. So, without further ado, here are my 27 in 27 goals:
- Visit Canada (for the first time) – we have plans to head north in the Fall to visit Toronto and Niagara Falls. I’ll keep you posted on this one.
- Take a trip on an Amtrak train – no plan on this one yet.
- Run a race – Almost done! I’m signed up to run a half marathon with my sister in September.
- Have an article published in a magazine – I haven’t even begun to think about this one but it has always been a dream of mine to be published in a travel magazine
- Read more non-fiction – DONE! and still working on it! So far I’ve read “My Life on the Road” by Gloria Steinem, “No Baggage” by Clara Bensen, “All About Love” by Bell Hooks, “The White Album” by Joan Didion, and “The Lost Continent” by Bill Bryson.
- Be better about networking – DONE! Thanks to a little app called Shapr
- Collaborate on a new project – DONE! My friend Jen and I created a new blog called A Strong Female Lead which focuses on female empowerment
- Figure out my personal style – This is a work in progress. Because most of my wardrobe consists of work clothes, I’m trying to find some sort of happy medium.
- Invest in a solid wardrobe staple – To piggy back on the last one, this is still on my to do list.
- Go to Mexico – I’m trying to work this out for my next birthday, but we will see!
- Write more fiction – my writing habits have fallen by the wayside so far this year, but as I said, I’m picking it back up now.
- Make & sell candles – Halfway there. I made the candles, I have the Etsy shop, I just need to put the two together.
- Try a new yoga class – DONE! There was a studio by our old apartment that I went to quite a few times. Now I have to find a new one by us.
- Try meditating – DONE! I’m amazed I can sit still for that long.
- Get a new tattoo – still trying to decide what I want, I’m thinking nature themed.
- Explore a new neighborhood – DONE! I’m looking at you Lincoln Square!
- Get a new job – DONE! Happily employed as a Catering Sales Manager now.
- Visit a National Park – Not done. Any suggestions?
- Master Conversational French – Non. But I do have Duolingo and I will be better about using it.
- Get a massage – DONE! Read all about that here.
- Get new art for home – DONE! A beautiful flamingo print that is currently hanging above our record player.
- Make homemade pasta – Not done yet, but I’m really looking forward to this. Thanks for the inspiration Master of None!
- Take a new class – I don’t know what kind of class I’d like to take yet. Maybe a cooking class, or maybe I should pair this with #19 and head to the Alliance Francaise.
- Go on a trip & not write about it – It’s planned! Fourth of July in Northern Wisconsin.
- Organize a clothing swap – This is something I’ve always wanted to do, and I have yet to plan it. But I will.
- Make something for the new apartment – Maybe some art or maybe some shelves, who knows. I’ll keep you posted.
- See a play I’ve never seen – Nope. Suggestions?
Wow… that’s a lot of goals to accomplish in six months. 9/27 Done and 18 left to tackle. Wish me luck!
Share your goals for the year in the comments!
2 thoughts on “27 in 27: Halfway Point”
Pingback: Pullman Cars and Hotel Bars - rebecca wanderlusting
Pingback: A Chimney Rock Essay - rebecca wanderlusting