In Flight Comfort Essentials
There are few things I enjoy more than cuddling up in a window seat en route to an exciting destination. I’m pretty easy to please and don’t need much, but there are a few key items I require to be comfortable on a flight (my in flight comfort essentials, if you will). Due to it being almost that wonderful, magical holiday season, I thought now would be a good time to share them to provide some gift ideas for the frequent travelers in your life. So, without further ado, here are my must-have items to be my utmost comfy on airplanes:
- A Good Book: I love to read, I know I’ve made that plenty clear on this blog. Lately, I’ve been reading a lot of non-fiction but my favorite thing to read on a flight is a captivating novel. For me, it’s one of the things that makes a long-haul flight more enjoyable. If you’re in need of a good suggestion, of course I am ready and able to provide a few: 1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl 2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tart, 3. The Red Book by Deborah Copaken Kogan 4. Horns by Joe Hill
- A Blanket Scarf: It may be overplayed, but a blanket scarf is truly one of the things I will not fly without. I mean come on, it’s a scarf that doubles as a blanket for when your on a short flight that doesn’t provide blankets or your neighbor stole yours or you need an extra. It’s great, and it makes the flight so much cozier.
- Comfy Sweats: I am most certainly one of those people that wear sweats/leggings on planes and I am not at all ashamed. If I have to sit for that long in one chair, you better believe I’m going to be wearing stretchy bottoms. We actually came across a really cozy brand when we were in Toronto that I’m a little obsessed with now, Roots Canada. No matter the brand, sweatpants are a must.
- Solid Snacks: No matter how long the flight is, snacks are necessary. I also need lots of gum because my ears pop and the gum helps (this could be a myth, but it’s always worked for me). As far as snacks go, I prefer granola bars, Shock Tarts, Chex Mix and white cheddar popcorn.
- Headphones & A Good Playlist: When I need a break from reading, I need a good playlist to occupy my time. I don’t have fancy headphones (though I am in the market for some – like these), just the normal little earbuds, but they are essential for flights of any length. If you’re in need of a fantastic travel playlist, I’ve shared my favorites below:
What are your in flight comfort essentials? What won’t you fly without?